Sunday 27 November 2011

Homemade Pancakes

I dont know about you, but my daughter LOVES her pancakes.  I used to use the instant complete mix, until I read the ingredients.  If I cant pronounce it, I'm not sure if I should be eating it.  Here is my pancake recipe, tastes great, and eveyone will be asking for more.


1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp sugar
1 cup milk
1 egg
3 tbsp oil


1.  In a medium bowl, mix all your dry ingredients.  I use my wire whisk to make sure it's mixed great.

2.  In a separate small bowl, mix egg, oil and milk.  I use my wire whisk here again to beat ti all together.

3.  Add the wet mix to the dry mix, and use the wire whisk to blend until smooth.

4.  Now, use your favourite griddle, frying pan, or cast iron skillet (the latter being my favourite), and heat and oil your selection.  Heat the pan nice and hot, but not so hot your oil in the pan burns.  Pour batter in.  It will form some air bubbles and will become dull around the outside edges when it's time to flip.  Keep an eye, these can cook fast.

5.  Add some butter or your favourite table syrup or maybe some fruit... its a beautiful thing!  Aunt Jemima might even cry.

Bon appetit!   BE A MAN! Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment