Monday 5 December 2011

Perfect Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

Not to toot my own horn, but I have been known for making some pretty awesome chocolate chip cookies. I modified my recipe to make it DOUBLE CHOCOLATE! You heard right, my famous cookies now come in double chocolate!





Makes about 3 dozen

1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup cocoa
2 eggs
1 cup butter (softened)
1 tsp vanilla
1 package (300g or close to 10.5oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use PC Decadent)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees


1. In a medium-large bowl, blend butter and sugar until smooth, use a fork, it works well.

2. Add the eggs and vanilla, and mix until perfectly blended.

3. In a separate bowl, blend flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda evenly.

4. Blend dry ingredients into the sugar/butter/egg mixture. Mix until evenly mixed.

5. Stir in whole pack of chocolate chips.

6. Everyone else will say here to drop spoonfuls of dough onto a baking sheet. I don't like this, I prefer to get my hands in here now (BE A MAN). I roll a ball about 2" in diameter, then place them on an un-greased baking sheet. This causes cookies to all be about the same size, and to all cook perfectly even.

7. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool for about 2 minutes on baking sheet, then move to a cooling rack. Place in an air tight container once almost cool, this will keep them chewy for longer. Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment